Kong Solution page
We started sending out Kong puzzles during the week beginning Monday 5th October and we are really hoping that this page isn't accessed too quickly. We really want you to enjoy the satisfaction of solving Kong under your own steam.
This page consists of three parts :
- First a series of hints and general advice on how to solve the puzzle.
- Second a clue picture that shows the position of the three parallel long pieces
- Finally, a step by step solution that shows how to assemble Kong
Although Kong does look like an intimidating puzzle, we do believe it is solvable using the human brain as the only tool. We are not sure if other brain types work. We have had a small troupe of baboons working on the puzzle for several weeks now, and although early indications are positive, the end result is, as yet, inconclusive. We did try chimpanzees at first but found they took too many tea breaks.
Don't read any more of this page or scroll down unless you really, really, really want the spoilers
Some initial hints and clues to help solve the Kong Puzzle. The hints have been designed to read one at a time in sequence, there is no need to read them all in one go. Read as many as you need and come back to them if necessary.
- ˙ɹǝɥʇǝƃoʇ ʇıɟ ןןıʍ / ʇɥƃıɯ sʞɔıʇs snoıɹɐʌ ǝɥʇ ʍoɥ ƃuıpuɐʇsɹǝpun puɐ ƃuoʞ pǝןqɯǝssɐ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝdɐɥs ǝɥʇ ƃuıuıɯɐxǝ ǝɯıʇ ɟo sʇoן puǝds
- .ton ro dilos si noitulos delbmessa eht rehtehw enimreted ot yrt dna sehcton fo rebmun latot eht tnuoC
- ˙ǝןqıssod ǝɹɐ sǝɔǝıd ǝɥʇ ɟo suoıʇɐʇuǝıɹo uıɐʇɹǝɔ ɹǝɥʇǝɥʍ ɹo/puɐ uoıʇısod ɥɔɐǝ uı ʇıɟ ʇou uɐɔ ɹo uɐɔ sǝɔǝıd uıɐʇɹǝɔ ɹǝɥʇǝɥʍ ʇno ǝɹnƃıɟ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ǝǝs ˙sɹɐq ǝɥʇ ɟo ɥɔɐǝ uı sǝɥɔʇou ǝɥʇ ǝuıɯɐxǝ
- .seceip emos fo snoitisop eht hsilbatse ot ereht morf sdrawkcab krow dna elzzup eht elbmessasid ot eb dluoc pets tsrif eht tahw tuoba knihT .tuo edils lliw taht ,eceip yek dilos on sah gnoK
- .elzzup elohw eht elbmessa ot gnitpmetta erofeb seceip eht lla fo snoitisop eht hsilbatse dna rehtegot seilbmessabus tset tup nac uoy fi eeS .yaw eno rehtegot tif ylno lliw seceip elzzup eht gninaem ,ylbmessa euqinu elgnis a sah elzzup gnoK ehT
- ˙ʎןqɯǝssɐ ɟo ǝɔuǝnbǝs ǝɥʇ ǝuıɯɹǝʇǝp oʇ sı ʞɔıɹʇ ǝɥʇ ˙sıxɐ z ɹo ʎ'x ǝɥʇ oʇ ןǝןןɐɹɐd ɥʇɐd ɐ ƃuoןɐ ǝɔɐןd oʇuı pǝʌoɯ ǝq uɐɔ ʇı ǝןzznd ǝɥʇ oʇ pǝʌoɯǝɹ ɹo pǝppɐ sı ǝɔǝıd ɥɔɐǝ sɐ puɐ spıoʌ ou ɥʇıʍ pıןos sı ǝןzznd ǝɥʇ ˙pǝɹınbǝɹ sǝʌoɯ ןǝʌǝן ɥƃıɥ ɹǝɥʇo ɹo suoıʇɐʇoɹ pǝʇɐɔıןdɯoɔ ou ɥʇıʍ ǝןzznd ʎןqɯǝssɐ ןɐıʇuǝnbǝs ɐ sı ƃuoʞ
- srehto naht sdnah ssel eriuqer dna elzzup eht ot ytilibats llarevo evig sehcaorppa emoS .sredro gnireffid )ylthgils( ni delbmessa eb nac seceip wef tsrif eht ,redro tcerroc eht ni ecalp ekat tsum dna dexif era ylbmessa fo spets lanif eht hguohtlA
- .pets tsrif taerg a si seceip lellarap eerht eht ni lartnec si eceip regnol hcihw tuo gnikroW
Hint 9 a big one!
Click this link to see a picture of the middle three pieces of Kong. They may need rotating for full assembly bur are in the correct relative positions.
Given up? Want the full solution? It's here